Do you need a singer and guitarist for a folk music style church service? I love Christian contemporary worship music and would love to provide your congregation with music for a youth service, or any service that could use a more youthful, folky, acoustic guitar "feel."
Here are a few examples of where I have been invited to lead music for a congregation:
- Sacred Heart Church confirmation class on healthy relationships
- Sacred Heart Church confirmation class for Adoration service
- Sacred Heart Church First Communion
- Norwich Diocese True Love Waits mass for St. John, Old Saybrook & Christ the King, Old Lyme parish teens.
- Childrens' Faith Formation song leader, St. Patrick Church, Mystic, CT
- Teen Mass assistant band leader, St. Mary Church, Groton, CT
- "The Cecelia's" youth music club leader, ReisUp Studio, Mystic, CT
- Emerson Theater Collaborative, First United Methodist Church, Mystic, CT
- "Always Picked Last" May 6th at 7pm, Opening with "The High Road"
Singing with dementia patients is like watching a garden at dawn as the flowers start to open in the sun. Music is the last thing to go in our memory. It's in there deep and strong and it has the power to inspire people in all kinds of situations. If you are a musician who wants to get out and sing or play your music, think about performing in our local nursing homes for the most encouraging and appreciative audiences you'll ever find. For more information about why I love doing this, see the articles below:
The Age of Choice, The Day: Peace in passing by Nancy Kirsch
Visit Beacon Hospice to find out more about Hospice and Palliative Care.
There is nothing like a farmers market in the summer. Fresh local produce, flowers, kids running around, and a wafting of folk music to create an atmosphere of a time gone by. I am currently working on a duo to perform at farmers markets and family festivals. Any of you folky musicians out there looking to perform just might want to try a farmers market in your neighborhood. Bring a repertoire of children's songs and some handy rhythm instruments to share too. The parents will love to take a seat in the grass with their little ones for a song and a much needed rest! GCF! (Good clean fun)
Coffee houses and Open Mics
I hope to make the open mic at Old Orchard Farm in East Lyme a regular thing. The atmosphere is something right out of Nashville with the stage in a big barn, pot belly stoves, potluck food, a cider press, and lots and lots of people with guitars walking in. Old Orchard Farm has the friendly hospitality of a time gone by and the open mic is a wonderful afternoon pastime to adopt. If you would like to see or perform live music before dinner time, check out their Sunday afternoon open mics, and these other welcoming venues in the area: